Try to proceed data basing on ASTM E 756 Standard

Welcome to our Forums Technical Support Support Desk Try to proceed data basing on ASTM E 756 Standard

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 3 months ago by Jean-Yves Le Stang.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    liu yu
    Participant

I try to proceed my testing data basing on ASTM E 756 standard. I can get peak value. but how to return X value and proceed calculation basing on it?https://NeilLiu-NAS.synology.me:2469/d/s/ruyw0YvrYibXQ37FDtHkVQmPu1C950BA/CPSM6q1fUB9PJY9UF2rbJEe0Kdt6kz4e-crrALtomIQo

Is anyone knows how to make a calculation basing on that?

dgteam

I don’t have access to the standard but, based on reviewing your file, it looks like you want to find the X values associated with a given Y value for each peak.  Since there are multiple locations where the Y values cross the function, you must create a column that will isolate the data for each X value you want to find.  Then when you interpolate you switch the X and Y data, using the Plot action column.

Please email us at help@visualdatatools.com and we can send you the file where we did this using your data.

Jean-Yves Le Stang
        Participant

Not sure I fully understood the meaning of the exchange.

May I suggest the following: You have elaborated a function (BlankMaxY) returning the maximum within a given window (162). You can duplicate this function but then returning the X value instead of Y.

Then you can use for both values a “.sortwith” function, sorted against either X or Y and then you get side by side the Y values and their corresponding X values. You can then proceed to any calculation.

Apologize if I misunderstood the request.

Example

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to our Forums Technical Support Support Desk Try to proceed data basing on ASTM E 756 Standard