2 weeks ago scgcParticipant
I’m trying to use two masks to filter out which data are drawn on my scatter plot. The first image shows my “X-clusions” column, which I want to use to manually exclude samples for various reasons. Any samples marked with a “0” in this column should be excluded.
The second image shows the masking criteria for both masks. The five highlighted rows indicate which samples should be included based having Mg# higher than 0.6.
Back to the first image, you can see that two of the highlighted samples should be manually excluded. So, only three of these samples should be drawn on this scatter plot. Clearly that is not the case. If I change the filter criteria to only include samples with Mg# > 1 (none of the sample fit that criterion, which is mathematically impossible), the three samples that should be drawn at Mg# > 0.6 will disappear, but the rest remain on the plot.
If I delete the “X-clusions” mask, then the Mg# mask appears to work properly. It’s only when I add the second mask that things get weird. I’m not sure what’s going on, or how to fix it. Any suggestions?2 weeks ago dgteamModerator
I did a very simple example to test the approach and it seems to work fine.
Since your data are in groups, is it possible that one of your input columns is in a different group? You can test the source of each column input by clicking the menu selector on the command (right side). Hover for a moment to reveal the green arrow that shows the source (left side).
That might help you trace the problem. You could also add a label.
Here the solid circles are from the command with the mask and the open circles are from a command that draws everything. The command with everything drawn has the label to show the values.
If you are still stumped feel free to email us your file and we can take further look. (Help > Ask question via email).1 week, 5 days ago scgcParticipant
I still can’t get this to work properly. However, I noticed that if I change the “X-clusions” mask to include if value “matches” rather than “not a match,” it correctly plots only a single point.
It seems like what I had tried in my original post caused each mask to work in parallel, leading to my plot showing all samples with Mg# > 0.6 AND all samples that were unmarked in X-clusions. Switching the X-clusions mask to “matches” appears to have caused both masks to work in series.
Additionally, setting the X-clusions mask to include if value matches and then leaving the text box blank (i.e. not marked for exclusion) appears to cause the masks to work in parallel again.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.