Pivot table with higher levels

Welcome to our Forums Technical Support Support Desk Pivot table with higher levels

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kourosh kalayeh
    Participant

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to have pivot tables with higher levels (multiple rows or columns).

If not do you have any workaround?

Thanks,
      Kourosh

dgteam

Hi Kourosh,

The Pivot command only supports one row and one column.

One work around is to use a Text expression column to combine two or more column entries in the data table.  The use the Text expression column as input to the Pivot. If you have a large data set (<100,000 rows) the text expression might start to slow down.  If you can use this approach and have a lot of rows, let us know if it seems slow.

Would this help for your case?

kourosh kalayeh
        Participant

Hi,

Thank you for your response.  I ended up processing my data with Pandas and then import processed data into the DG.  That being said, I quickly checked your workaround, and it seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks,
          Kourosh

dgteam

Glad you found a solution and thanks for trying it out the Text expression. Sometimes that column can be slow with lots of data, so good to know that it was able to work for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to our Forums Technical Support Support Desk Pivot table with higher levels