dgraph not working

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rkoopmann
    Participant

I’m using DataGraph v4.7.1 (Mac App Store version) on 2020 M1 MacBook Pro with 16GB memory running Monterey v12.1 (same problems with v12.0.1).

Given the Mac App Store sandboxing, I downloaded the dgraph script via curl https://www.visualdatatools.com/DataGraph/dgraph -o dgraph and chmod a+x this script. I have confirmed the script is executable and understands parameters with dgraph --help and got the expected help screen.

Both DataGraph and dgraph script have full disk access (System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access), and DataGraph has read & write permissions to the working directory (DataGraph > Preferences).

I try to script a PDF output file for a simple, one chart dgraph file. Everything is in the same working directory.

dgraph weekly-trend.csv weekly-trend.dgraph -output weekly-trend.pdf

I get these errors:

Need read access to the file /Users/<my-user-account>/Library/Containers/com.visualdatatools.datagraph/Data/weekly-trend.csv

Need read access to the file /Users/<my-user-account>/Library/Containers/com.visualdatatools.datagraph/Data/weekly-trend.dgraph

Need write access to the file weekly-trend.pdf

In DataGraph, go into Preferences and add read/write access as needed

This same result happens across DataGraph quit & restart, delete & reinstall as well as across reboots of MacOS. Any ideas?

jib
      Participant

I don’t have the MAS version of DataGraph but run into similar issues with other apps sometimes. Try this:

Go to system preferences/Security & Privacy, scroll the list on the left hand side till you see “Full Disk Access” make sure that DataGraph is shown on right hand side with check mark to give it permission to access files across your storage.

rkoopmann
        Participant

@jib — confirming the Full Disk Access checkbox is checked for DataGraph. Removed & re-added this entry with the same error outcome.

david

I need to look into this. It looks like Apple tighten sandbox restrictions.

There is a workaround. You can use the App store version to create an account on our server. That will enable the beta. You can have multiple versions of DataGraph on the machine and if you call the dgraph version inside the beta version it should pick up that version rather than the one inside the /Applications folder.

rkoopmann
            Participant

Thanks David! That seems to be working now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.