Best way to purchase?

Welcome to our Forums Technical Support Getting Started Best way to purchase?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bkelly
    Participant

My 30 day trial is about to expire and I’ve created a series of plots for a manuscript that I want to keep. I would like to purchase a copy of the program but wondered if there were any advantages to purchasing from the datagraph web page versus the app store for minimizing installations, etc.  In other words, will I have to re-download the app from the app store if I buy it there; versus simply getting a license key from the DataGraph page if I buy it there?  Just trying to avoid additional steps 🙂  Thank you…

jmallen
      Participant

I wondered the same, after having bought from the AppStore. There are apparently some minor restrictions on the AppStore version? Also what about on-going costs with new versions from the AppStore versus web site purchase?

dgteam

If you purchase from the Visual Data Tools store and use the same email that you used to register the trial, your copy will automatically convert to a licensed version the next time you launch the program.  No need to download anything else.

For groups, or if you think you might want to purchase for a group in the future, we would recommend the Visual Data Tools store for your purchase, as you can mange a group of licenses and get volume discounts.

If you purchase from the App store, you will have to download the program again from the App store. Also, we don’t get any information from apple about your purchase, so apple will handle any license issues.

We do try very hard to have the versions be identical but there are some additional hoops you have to do for the App store version if you want to use our beta.  The App store version is also sand boxed, so the templates will not always work the same. That said you can register your copy as an App store user with us, using the account information window in the app store version, and then download the version from our web site.

We currently do not charge any upgrade fees for either version.

Of course, we appreciate your purchase from either place 🙂

bkelly
          Participant

Perfect…sounds like from Visual Data Tools is more seamless.  Thank you!

jmallen
            Participant

Wish I had got it direct from Visual Data!

sgp
              Participant

And me

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to our Forums Technical Support Getting Started Best way to purchase?