Variable in an expression column

DataGraph Forums Technical Support Support Desk Variable in an expression column

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by ronald parsons.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ronald parsons
    Participant

Hi,

I have a small dataset that has two cultivars, each being tested for the same two conditions (control and treatment). I have the data with text columns for cultivar and treatment, and then numerical columns for the varies measured outcomes (yield, fruit size, etc.). Is there a way to use an expression column to normalize the yield to the control condition for each cultivar or do I need to break out the cultivars to separate groups for the analysis? In other words, how do I write the formula in an expression column such that if the data is for cultivar A it divides by one value, but if the data is for cultivar B it divides by a second value?

Or am I going about this all wrong and missed something in the manual?

Ron

Jean-Yves Le Stang
      Participant

Hi,

Assuming that you only have two possibilities, A and B, the easiest is to allocate each of those the appropriate coefficient, so that when you include the name of the text column in a formula, DG will use the allocated value for the calculation.

Click the drop-down menu under the name of the text column and switch from “None” to “Map”. Then populate the table with the allocated coefficients for A and B and insert the text column name in the calculation formula just like you would do for a numerical value.

Hope it helps.

Schémas

ronald parsons
        Participant

Hi,

This seems to be the functionality I was looking for. I keep forgetting about Map. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

DataGraph Forums Technical Support Support Desk Variable in an expression column